Diego Schaaf

Gibson ES-150 roubada no Algarve

Posts Recomendados:

Dear Musicians - Pro favor desculpem-me por escrever em Inglês. Não escrevo bem em Português.

Last week, my dad's house in the Algarve was broken into and, among other things, his 65+ year-old Gibson ES-150 was stolen. We're still trying to find a record of the serial number, but it must have been a 1952 or 1953 model. He bought it new in 1953 in Switzerland. It has a smooth abrasion in the finish along the bottom of the pick guard from years of playing with the ring finger sliding along the edge. The Gibson logo (too dark to be visible in this picture) is the old-style gold paint version used at that time, not an inlay as Gibson used for the higher models.

Along with that, a 30+ year-old acoustic dreadnaught Maruha was taken.

If by any chance you come across these very distinct instruments, would you please direct message me or report it to the police?

BTW: For those of you old enough to remember: These are two instruments that we played during my sister Gabriela Schaaf's musical development before she became a pretty famous member of the Portuguese musical scene in the '80s. Needless to say that we'd like to get them back.

Gibson ES-150.jpg

Maruha.jpg

Partilhar este post

Link para o post
Partilhar nas redes sociais
tmo    1744

Do storm www.OLX.pt sales site and also facebook's marketplace. Best of luck in finding those guitars.

• Gosto 2

Partilhar este post

Link para o post
The Passion    125

I feel you brother, it's a punch in the gut when this kind of misfortunes happen, I'm sorry... 

The first thing you should do is gather as much visual material as you can and pass it on to the authorities and, very important, plaster those images/videos and information all over the social media. Also, send all that stuff to any music stores or dealers that work and sell Vintage instruments. 

There is a good chance the burglars don't know what they have in hand, even if they do know that Gibson is usually an expensive brand, they'll try to sell as fast as possible, so pawn shops and loan agencies might be good places to search for it. If you have all the police paperwork on hand, and if you're searching for a stolen item, pawn shops are legally obligated to show you their inventory, most will try to deny you that access, call the police if they do. 

I'll also keep my eyes open. 

Keep us updated! 

• Gosto 1

Partilhar este post

Link para o post

Thanks, guys. I'll try to do as much as I can of what you suggested. It's a bit of a challenge because I'm in California, but luckily, the Internet is our friend...

• Gosto 2

Partilhar este post

Link para o post
tmo    1744

Being in California gets the finding these guitars a bit harder... do you have someone local (in Portugal) to work with?

Partilhar este post

Link para o post

Regista-te ou entra para comentar!

Para deixar um comentário é necessário estar registado. É muito fácil!

Criar uma conta

Regista-te e vem fazer parte desta comunidade! É fácil!

Registar-me

Entrar

Já estás registado? Entra aqui!

Entrar agora